Monday, January 13, 2014

Distance makes the heart grow fonder

Took my hair down last night, and loved Sheeba for all of 10 minutes lol. While I enjoy  a good weave, I prefer having access to my hair whenever I want to wear her out or spend an hour massaging my scalp with oil.

This love-hate relationship with Sheeba makes me really appreciate her. I miss her dearly when she's gone and hate her the moment I step into the tub to wash her.

I've considered having her done professionally, but Im too frugal to pay for a service I can do myself ( i.e. two strand twists, twist outs, updos, etc). I only feel comfortable paying for a press, since I know I'll burn my hair off getting it bone straight.

So wigs shall be my happy medium. I can hide my hair, and still have access to it whenever I'd like. 


She's a beast. 

Oddly enough, it only took me an hour to wash and style her (after deep conditioning for an hour). I'm not sure if it is the length or the fact that I just wanted to go to bed that contributed to the shorter wash time. 


I'm about 4 inches from my desired length (stretched) but may very well already be there if I press my hair. Once I hit my mark, I'm cutting it. I miss the days of the wash n go twa. 

It's been a while. How's the growing going?

No comments:

Post a Comment