Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Two Things

I've been busy doing hair consultations and cooking up all types of natural hair oil deliciousness. Mea culpa. Mea culpa for abandoning you like this. I'll do better.

I wanted to touch on something that I have come to terms with as a naturalista.

I will always have dandruff and split ends.

The split ends I can deal with. Using the 'search and destroy' method soothes my minor OCD and is oddly therapeutic when combined with a good Netflix marathon of HIMYM, New Girl, or Orange is the New Black.

Dandruff on the other hand will continue to annoy me. I have tried basically everything under the sun:

Dermatologist prescribed medicated shampoo and gel? Ugh. Yes.

Over the counter cleansers and treatments? Yup.

Coconut Oil? Love it, but no dice.

I've also tried teatreeoilapplecidervinegarrinsesblacksoaphoneyhennaneemshikakaipaste and justabouteverythingundermymothersbathroomsink.

Sadly, it all begins to run together after some point.

Recently, out of frustration, I whipped mango butter and some moisturizing oils I had on hand. The result: less flakes, some itching, and a semi happy scalp. 

The verdict is still out on this blend, but I think it's working. The true test will be if it survives this winter dryness. 

I'd love to hear what works for you. Send me an email sosheeba@gmail.com, I'm willing to try anything (that I haven't) at this point. 

Happy growing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment