Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Let's Put a Pin in That...

Just a few housekeeping items before I begin:

1. SUBSCRIBE to the right -->
I post rather infrequently, and really want you to receive upcoming posts, announcements, etc. Especially relating to item #2,

2. Quite a few of you have been asking about my Sprout Serum and how to place an order, batches are being made in regular and extra strength and ordering instructions via www.sosheeba.com will be announced soon.

Now…

I have a confession to make.

I just learned how to pin-curl my hair.

I never knew how to until this week, and I must admit that it’s changed my life for the better. When the thought of pin-curling my hair previously came up, I would always dismiss it because I associate pin-curling with having relaxed, or straightened hair.

Since I generally only press my hair one a year and wrap it nightly with a silk scarf, there was really no need for me to acquire a pin-curling routine.

After playing these tutorials on a continuous loop, I think I may have discovered the secret to stretching my two strand twist protective style from 2.5/3 to 4 weeks.

A while back I blogged about my protective style routine for when I don’t have a sew-in:
• Week 1: Twist and curl
• Week 2: Up-do
• Week 3: Low bun

To be honest, my twist and curl variation never last more than 2-3 days and would then make its way to the up-do by day 3. So my twists would usually last for 2.5 weeks only to end up looking fuzzy and in desperate need of revitalization.

These curls have been bouncing around the DMV for the past 5 days and do not look like they’re going to give up until I decide otherwise.

So I’m adding pin-curling to the repertoire of “techniques every naturalista should master,” and if you haven’t mastered the technique, you definitely should.

-Sheeba

No comments:

Post a Comment